In April 2020, we launched the Diapoint Virtual Diabetes Series.
This is a series of live video conferences in which the Diapoint founder, Pam Durant, interviews various experts to discuss topics on health, wellness, and diabetes.
Virtual Diabetes Series Experts
Some of the experts and topics we have featured so far include:
Sara is both an Accredited Practicing Dietician & Credentialed Diabetes Educator with more than 10 years of experience.
We spoke to Sara about:
- DKA and sick days
- Telemedicine in the context of Diabetes
- Should we be reducing calorie and carb intake because our children are a little less active as they homeschool?
- Fast acting carbohydrates… and much more.
Dr. Tanli is an experienced senior healthcare executive with years of experience in the GCC region. He has worked for years in models of healthcare that were once considered “alternative” before COVID19 – including digital health and home healthcare.
We spoke to Dr Tanli about:
- What exactly is Telemedicine?
- How does Telemedicine support treatment in diabetes and other conditions?
- What do we need to know, and how should we prepare when our doctor suggests a Telemedicine consultation?
Gary Scheiner – Think Like A Pancreas
Gary is a diabetes educator and is the author of six books, including Think Like A Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin.
We spoke to Gary about:
- The outstanding content in Think Like A Pancreas and Gary’s other books
- Tried and tested tips for managing diabetes
- How to get the most out of your Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
- Improvements in diabetes technology in recent years
- Hypoglycemia symptoms and management
- Staying in your “happy zone” of blood sugar
- Differing accuracies of different meters
- “Compression lows” and sensor placement/pressure.
Join Our Virtual Diabetes Conferences Live, or Listen Later
Pam Durant hosts a new Virtual Diabetes live video conference every few weeks. To be notified when we have an upcoming virtual event, and to receive all the info to join, sign up to our mailing list.
You can also catch up on our virtual series on our website shortly after the event. You will find all our Virtual Diabetes Series under our Ask The Expert blog category.
Who Would You Like to Hear From?
Do you have any requests for professionals or topics you would like us to cover? This can be diabetes-related, or more broadly related to health and wellness. We are particularly focussing on experts who can help you during the Covid-19 crisis.
If you would like to make a request, please leave a comment in the comments section below.
Join the DiapointME mailing list
Sign up below to become part of the DiapointME online community.