Season 2, Episode 10: The Health Gate App – Powerful Technology To Help You Take Control Of Your Health
In this episode of Dia-Logue: The Diapoint Podcast, Pam interviews Dr. Sana Qamar, Medical Affairs and Patient Centricity Manager for The Health Gate app from AstraZeneca.
Dr. Qamar takes us through the app and how it can be used to support people with chronic conditions, including diabetes. Health Gate is packed with powerful technology and also helps to generate real-world evidence by utilizing artificial intelligence.
The Health Gate app is for you if you’re looking for helpful tools and tips to lead a better life – managing your health and chronic condition in a simplified way.
Join the Diapoint mailing list for exclusive insights and offers.
Visit the D-Shop where we offer beautiful, practical diabetes supplies and lifestyle accessories.
Home study program for parents of school-aged children with Type 1 Diabetes: The Ultimate T1D School Game Plan.
Diapoint is the place for people touched by diabetes. Subscribe to the podcast so you get notifications for all our episodes, and please share it on social media or with anyone you think could benefit from this free content.
Show Notes and Links
Disclaimer: It should go without saying that the Diapoint podcast is not intended as or should not be used as personal medical advice. You will hear us interview medical experts and others, but please always always ask your qualified doctor, diabetes team or other expert about your health. What works for one person does not always work for another person. What you should always do when you discover any new health information is ask YOUR doctor about it. This information should empower you to have a discussion with your healthcare providers about it. Diapoint, our guests, sponsors and business partners are not here to replace that advice. Living a full, healthy life means taking the proper medical advice from your qualified physicians, diabetes team or other healthcare providers.
The Episode of Dia-logue: The Diapoint Podcast is brought to you by the The Health Gate App.
If you are looking for a simplified, mobile way to manage your overall health or condition in one place, Health Gate by AstraZeneca is your everyday companion. Within the app you can:
• Access a comprehensive Diabetes management tool to understand and manage your condition better via content, blood sugar tracker and more for free just by connecting your wearable device or smartwatch.
• Consult with online doctors within seconds with the option of e-prescriptions and medications delivered to your doorstep.
• Access to Lung Cancer Disease Management tool supporting patients’ receiving immunotherapy through disease & treatment education, monitoring & reporting side effects and connecting them directly with their physicians.
• Health Gate is packed with premium customized health content and features like dose reminders, a Body Mass Index to calculate if you’re at a healthy weight, routine tests from home, and more, all designed to help you monitor and manage your condition better.
• The app can help manage Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Failure, Heart Attacks, Kidney Failure, Lung Cancer, and Asthma. It also provides the latest updates on COVID-19 and more general information and tips for those who wish to nurture a positive mindset and healthy lifestyle.
HealthGate app integrates with health Application like Intellin for Diabetes management and Telehealth for online Consultation.
Subscribe to Dia-Logue: The Diapoint Podcast
About Dia-Logue: The Diapoint Podcast and Pamela Durant
Here at Dia-logue: The Diapoint Podcast, we talk to experts and people living with diabetes about social situations, nutrition, mental health, travel, and many other topics related to health and wellness.
The Founder & Managing Director of Diapoint, Pam Durant, shares her experience as the mother a teenage son who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 20 months old.
Pam was also a healthcare manager for 25+ years, and is a certified Wellness and Lifestyle Medicine coach. She is passionate about showing people how to not just survive, but thrive.
If you are interested in appearing as a guest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear your story and your connection to diabetes.
To be notified about Dia-Logue future episodes and special guests, sign up to our newsletter below!
Join the DiapointME mailing list
Sign up below to become part of the DiapointME online community.