Diabetes at School Live Discussion with Sara Adhami and Pam Durant
As part of the First Annual Diapoint Type 1 Diabetes Virtual Family Picnic, we held a live discussion on diabetes at school with two prominent women in the diabetes space.
Sara Adhami is a Certified Diabetes Educator & Accredited Practicing Dietician.
Pamela Durant is the Founder & Managing Director of DiapointME & Creator of The Ultimate T1D School Game Plan.
Join their discussion on how to navigate the uncertainty of sending your child with Type 1 Diabetes to school.
Topics in this live discussion on diabetes at school:
- Keeping your child with diabetes safe at school
- How to document your child’s care
- Managing the day-to-day
- Special circumstances like school parties and field trips
- Preparing for emergencies⠀
- Preparing your child’s diabetes medical plan⠀
- Understanding and managing hypoglycaemia⠀
- Healthy snacks to have on hand⠀
- Working with and educating your school nurse and staff⠀
- Checking glucose levels throughout the school day⠀
- Measuring carbohydrates⠀
- Tracking and keeping records⠀
- … and much more!⠀
Listen to Pam Durant and Sarah Adhami Discuss Diabetes At School
Watch Pam Durant and Sara Adhami Discuss Diabetes At School on YouTube
More Replays from the First Annual Diapoint Type 1 Diabetes Family Picnic 2020
Find audio and video replays of our Type 1 Diabetes Virtual Family Picnic here.
More From Our Diabetes Experts
We are proud to bring you diabetes and wellness information from our panel of experts. Check out our Ask The Expert blog series here.
Diabetes Products and Accessories
Head to the D-Shop to find items to support your diabetes lifestyle and wellbeing.
The Ultimate T1D School Game Plan
Our self-study program for parents of school children with Type 1 Diabetes is open for enrolment.
5 Essentials for Managing Type 1 Diabetes at School
Relieve some of the anxiety you feel whenever your child with Type 1 Diabetes heads to school for the day.
You'll find tips on educating the teacher and nurse, making emergency snack boxes, traveling on the school bus and more.