Diapoint Texas Salad Recipe
There are many great cafes in Dubai. One in particular is known for its salads.
Much to my surprise, the last time I was there I saw they had a Texas Salad on their menu.
Now, while I grew up in Texas, I had never seen such a salad. The waiter told me this dish is their best seller.
I’m not one to question it too much, so I tried it and loved it. It has a lot in it, so I tried to recreate it at home.
The main ingredient is corn. You could probably make any variation of that you wanted, but here is my version of this delicious healthy salad.
Texas Salad Recipe - Diabetes Friendly
A fresh, healthy and zingy salad.
- 3 ears fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed or 1 cup of canned corn
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely diced omit if you prefer, or leave seeds in for more heat and spice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1–3 Tblsp fresh lime juice to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Gently toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, shake all ingredients together in a small jar until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, lightly mix again, and serve.